Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 January 2013

Chilly.

While the news is full of snow in other parts of the country (everything NE of London,) we have had a bright day. There was a little rain in the morning so I got on with the housework first. I try and do most of my housework on Mondays so that my teaching days are less pressured. Then I had some time outdoors which included planting up 2 of the hanging baskets with the narcissus bulbs that have been sitting in a bucket since last spring. I waited to listen to the local weather forecast at lunchtime before driving the recycling box up to the road but as it seemed to show mostly rain in the night I brought the car back down to the house.
Later I looked at Metcheck and that showed overnight sleet and snow so back up the hill went my little car.
The bitter wind from the north made my walk down the hill quite bracing but I enjoyed the views of pink and lavender clouds rushing across the sky.

Each morning I look forward to checking Facebook for news from Vytas as he wanders the globe with Sally. Today I saw that he had finally made it to New Zealand. Sally has started her job in Auckland and they've already got a place to live. Now Vytas is looking for work. So if anyone knows of any work in Auckland for a strong, hard working chap who is not afraid to use his muscles as well as his brain just let me know. 
Photos of Auckland airport from the web.

2 comments:

happyone said...

We've had nothing but fog and dreary weather the last few days. I could use a little sunshine about now.

Harriet said...

Thank you, Ruta, for the pictures of the airport. Unusal yet very lovely. I enjoy every post of yours and begun sharing them with my husband. Thank you again. Harriet