Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 January 2013

The Snow's Still Here.

Not much change in the snow here, it did snow earlier but nothing settled. All the paths that I had scraped clear were dry and safe to walk on. There were a few spots on the track where cars (Peter's and the post van) had packed the snow into ice which looked dodgy. So out came the shovel and I cleared all the ice. I  also made a few more paths through the yard. It was so quiet outside with the muffling effect of the snow and the complete lack of cars coming down to the stables.
By the afternoon I decided to drive the Micra up to the road as we may have some more snow/sleet on Monday night and I want to be sure I can get into work on Tuesday.

A couple of hours of warmer temperatures and we have some impressive icicles hanging from the roof.
While I was up at the road I saw a buzzard sitting on the hedge. It must be hard for them to find any food with all this snow. No wind at all today so it didn't feel too cold. 

No comments: