Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Snow Soon ?

When I went out to my car, first thing this morning I thought it felt quite mild. But even as I drove through the garden I realised that the rain that was dancing about in my headlights was in fact snow.  I drove through light snow for the first mile or so and then there was nothing. Down in the town all was green. There were a few sleet showers but not enough to get the children excited. 
It was a different story when I drove home this evening. Once the road reaches Shirwell you get the first views of Exmoor and there was the snow. If there is noticeable snow lying on the ground at Shirwell then our road will be bad but today all was green except for the distant hills.  
It looks as if we will have snow tomorrow but luckily I'm not working. So possibly a cosy morning under the duvet and a snowy walk.
Taken through the classroom window.
This morning's class was quite hard work partially because I had to share my teaching assistant with the other Year 2 class. It would not have been fair to leave the supply teacher without any help for the morning. Even I get excited when the resident squirrels appear on the trees right next to that class but it doesn't help the children to concentrate. (At lunch time I got distracted in the staffroom by 2 squirrels sitting nonchalantly on the fence a few feet from the windows.) It's not surprising that our school logo is a squirrel. In the afternoon I moved across to the other Year 2 class whom I know a bit better. We had an art afternoon doing more or less the same work as I did the other day but this time they mixed shades of grey paint instead of the fun but messy rubbings with pastels. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We are on the edge of the snow line coming up from the south. I'm pretty sure it will pass us by.