Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 January 2013

Grey and Windy.

As predicted I'm now over the worst of my cold. Just losing my voice a bit which wasn't too helpful as I was teaching all day in a class that has some silly boys who need quite a firm hand. First thing in the morning I had to re-arrange the class teacher's planning as the teaching assistant couldn't come in due to her children going down with the bug. I simply planned in a few more practical activities and as it was a very windy, almost stormy day, I set up a table with string, wool, paper etc. for them to make kites which they could then fly outside. I was quite looking forward to an afternoon of art until I discovered (or rather didn't discover), about 8 of their backgrounds which they painted last week were missing. That meant a quick setting up for more painting and hopefully these paintings won't disappear. They didn't do too well in cutting out monster profiles and most of them look like black blobs. Never mind, the point was for the children to have a try which most of them did. 
I.O.S. 2012.
Peter got some good news yesterday - the final crew selections have been made for the World Pilot Gig Championships in the Isles of Scilly and he has been selected. He's booking the ferry tickets now so that is something to look forward to. It's at the beginning of May so hopefully the weather will be reasonable but we are only going for 4 days as I have to be at work on the Tuesday afternoon. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So windy here today that if you tried to fly a kite it would be destroyed.

Glad you cold is just about gone.