Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 January 2013

Overcast.

It has been another mild grey day. Out in the garden several flocks of small birds were twittering away in the trees. Later I saw a pair of jays which are the first I have seen here. At first I thought they were collared doves but their slimmer build and quick movements gave them away. As soon as I went out with my camera, true to their shy nature they took flight and flew off. 
Peter had taken today off as well but we couldn't go out for a walk because he twisted his back yesterday and needed to rest. As Christmas is now officially over I wrote myself a list of jobs to work through. I was congratulating myself on taking down the decorations and actually putting them away in the loft when I glanced across to the vase of branches only to see one last glass drop still hanging there. That will have to go in a drawer as I'm not getting the ladder out and climbing up to the loft again. It would have been a good day for working outside but I overdid things yesterday and my poor knee was stinging like anything. Instead I read through all last year's blog posts so that I can write a summary in my family journal.
Glancing through the back room window I spotted Patch in his favourite fishing spot. The water is no more than a few inches deep so he waits patiently for a trout to attempt to make its way upstream.

No comments: