Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Low Cloud.

The clouds have been sitting right down on the hills all day which includes our little valley so everything has been wet and grey. Peter was up early and back to work, poor thing, and I had an appointment at the hospital, or so I thought. The nurse at the desk looked at me with a bemused expression and it transpired that I'm seeing the rheumatologist next week. Oops, silly me. Still I needed to do a little shopping in town though annoyingly the library doesn't open until 10.00 on Wednesdays so I still didn't change my books. I did buy a couple of small items in the sales including a duck keyring that quacks as well as lights up and a neck tube, one of those lightweight neck warmers that can be worn as a hood, hat or headband. When I took it up to pay for it I was pleased to find that the price had gone down even more than the original sale price. 
Our friends arrived in the afternoon, time for us to have a catch-up before I had to go back to the hospital for an MRI scan. (That's how I got the dates mixed up and also I don't look at my diary during the holidays.) I did try and persuade them to scan my hips as well as my lower back while I was there as that's why I'm seeing the rheumatologist but no chance. At least now I'm one step nearer knowing if I need a second back operation.
We've just had a convivial supper and Peter was able to get the next 2 days off work as it would have been a shame if he had to work while our friends were visiting.

No comments: