Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 January 2013

Still. Snowy.

There has been a slight lessening of the snow but our landscape is still white.
I went out to take some pictures of the garden buried under the snow, 
and somehow I found myself walking up the hill.  Snow is enough of a rarity here that I can't resist the sparkling white expanses criss-crossed with strange tracks. And this time the cars are not trapped down by the house, the water hasn't frozen and we haven't run out of heating oil, all of which have happened to us in previous years. So I thank the Lord that I can just enjoy the snow. 
For once the situation is reversed and while the drive is completely clear, thanks to Paul's and mine efforts,
the road has some nasty patches of ice including this one at the junction with the drive. I watched a range-rover and a tractor go over it with no problems but I would be more cautious as my little micra does not have 4wd. I walked a little way along the road but stuck to the snowy verge as the ice looked dangerous.
When I turned for home I caught a glimpse of a fox strolling down to Ashelford Corner. For the rest of the day I have done some housework and paperwork for school and have enjoyed the cabbage soup which I made for my lunch. The poorly hen seemed to have perked up so I put her back in the run with her companion. Late in the afternoon sleet started to fall quite heavily so I went up and checked on her. She was tucked up in the big nest box so she should be alright.

No comments: