Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow.

The snow was still with us this morning. My first job was to walk up the hill and dig out the Rav. Paul had cleared a lot of the road so my plan was to get right to the top of the drive which I was able to do after a cautious turn to face back up the hill.
Having carefully squeezed past Paul's Disco I parked the Rav in the opposite gateway after clearing away the pile of snow Paul had pushed in there. 
Feeling happier now we had a guaranteed way of getting way of getting to work I took myself for a walk down to Ashelford Corner. Returning, I met up with Paul & Sarah who had been putting more salt down on the drive. They both offered me a lift down the hill, Sarah on the quad bike and then Paul in the Disco but I was quite happy to enjoy my amble and the snowy views.
After a short rest at home I couldn't resist getting out my toboggan and going out to play in Ron's snowy field behind the house. It was great fun sliding down from the top of the hill but I didn't stay out for too long. Partly because I worry about my back and also because the split across the front of the plastic toboggan was   almost reaching from one side to the other. 
Peter has gone into town but he's cancelled tomorrow's rowing as we may have more snow tonight. It is better to organise someone to take his place in the gig today than let everyone down at the last minute.
PS The hen is looking better but I've let her stay in the warm bathroom, (in the bath), as she is still a bit droopy. When she perks up enough to jump out of the bath then she can go go back into the hen house. ( I haven't told Peter that as hens are quite stinky.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I love that last picture of the snow covered gate and tree. Beautiful!!!