Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 January 2013

Cold.

Last night's torrential rain washed away not only the last of the snow but a good deal of our drive. Luckily one of the morning's bright dry spells lasted long enough for me to rake and barrow back sufficient of the gravel to level out the worst of the ruts. Needless to say I made sure that the dams, which had been pushed aside in the snow, are back in place. We may not have any snow but it is bitterly cold and the frequent showers have mainly been sleet or hail. Last night we also had a thunderstorm directly above us and it took the power out for a moment. I've had to reset the timer for the central heating but now it doesn't seem to be responding to the timer and comes on continuously when I switch it to the twice a day setting. Continuous heat would be nice but not at today's oil prices.

No comments: