Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Sunny.

There was a pretty pink and blue sky this morning which had faded a bit by the time I ran downstairs to get my camera. The sun shone for most of the morning and luckily I found a job (weeding and sweeping up leaves) in the one corner of the front yard that was nice and sunny. I didn't do a lot of jobs this morning, partly in anticipation of our usual long Wednesday afternoon and partly because I was tempted to read one of my library books. It's The Exotic Marigold Hotel which is turning out to be a pleasant, easy read. We only go to the cinema for special films (LOTR etc) and it is too current a film to appear on the basic channels that we get on our Sky box. Anyway I think you get a lot more characterisation in a book than a film and as they say about radio the pictures are much better.
For once even I felt a little cool in class. The recent floods got into the basement where the boiler is and the main building lost both heating and hot water. Usually the main building is pretty warm while the individual huts have temperamental giant gas fired radiators but now the heat for the main building and the staffroom is being provided by various plug in electric radiators and fans. Most of the staff are really feeling the cold but living in this cool house and spending time outside I find that most of the classrooms are too hot but today the small electric fans were not sufficient for the 3 large, high ceilinged open plan rooms occupied by the reception children. So for the first time I kept on my fluffy hoody over the sleeveless summer top which is usually more than enough for school. I stayed on for the staff meeting after school as it was all about teaching sequences and though I don't get to plan any right now it is good for me to have an idea of the overall picture if I am called in to teach a part of the sequence. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love a pink and blue sky. So pretty.
I saw the movie (Netflix) and didn't really care for it. I'm sure the book would be a lot better.

Thanks for the info on Clatterford.

I can't believe we are having another rainy day. I need some sunshine!!!