Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 January 2013

Thawing.

I still didn't like the look of the ice on the road after we had walked up the hill in the dark!! at 7.00 so Peter gave me a lift all the way into town. He kept telling me I could have driven safely in to work but I really don't like anything that looks remotely like ice.
I had a really lovely day at school mainly because my class was reduced from 29 to 16 by some sort of virus going through the whole school. Normally it would be unusual to have 3 or 4 children away but for the last few days 7-15 children have been absent from each class. Some children have got slap-cheek while others have headaches, a temperature and generally feeling ill which might be the early symptoms of slap-cheek or just winter colds. I'm not wishing for children to be ill but it made such a difference to be able to work with 3 or 4 children at a time instead of 8 or 9. Peter came and collected me at 4.00 so we dropped into the Co-op  for milk and got some bargains too. I'm trying to be careful what I eat so I bravely left my favourite creamy desserts which were half price and got some punnets of fruit instead. I have to say that the South African apricots were a real disappointment. Although they felt soft and ready to eat they are as sour as anything. I'll ask for a refund on those.
Peter's ankle is playing up a bit so I drove the Rav home. There has been quite a bit of a thaw but I was worried about the final steep north facing section so at this point we swapped over. It was a bit more icy for the last stretch and made me feel quite nervous even as a passenger. Definitely not possible to drive the micra down yet so that is still sitting at the top of the drive. It's now raining so I don't expect the snow will be here for much longer. At home I tidied up in the conservatory and used the Vax to suck up the water. Neither Peter or I could move the roof panel back over to sit in it's slot so there's a half cm gap for most of its length. I've got plenty of deep trays underneath to catch the rain that comes through and we will have to get someone in to fix it.

1 comment:

Damien said...

Hi,

I hope that this email finds you well.

I recently came across notesfromnorthdevon.blogspot.com and would like to discuss the possibility of paying you to display an advertisement on the site.

We have a large customer base of clients prepared to pay to display discrete adverts, contextually matched to the content of the page on high quality sites like yours, and this can be a great way to generate an income without compromising your website.

Please email me back if you would be interested in finding out more and I will send you a follow-up email outlining the opportunity in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.