Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Slight Thaw.

Woke up this morning to find it had snowed again in the night. Not a lot but enough to cover all the paths that had been cleared. I didn't get up too early but snuggled under the duvet and watched some tv, Got to Dance - Auditions. (I find it fascinating to see how well some people can dance.) With the car being up at the top of the hill I had to leave early to allow enough time to walk up and for any emergencies on my way to school. The road wasn't too bad but I drove quite slowly over the slushy bits just in case they had decided to freeze. It was strange arriving in town where there was not a sign of any snow. It feels like we live in a different world up here. The children in the school playground were most impressed by the layer of snow I had deliberately left on the roof of the car. Coming home for the first part of the journey there was no sign of snow. Then going up the first hill to Burridge the fields began to have a dusting of snow. By the time I approached Shirwell there were small piles of snow on the verges and cresting the hill in the middle of the village a vista of snow covered fields opened up before me. The main road was totally clear and safe to drive on and the afternoon's thaw had left the back roads fairly easy to drive on. It was just on the very last section that I found things a bit slippery and I had to be careful when I reversed the car around the corner.  
Most of the drive down the hill had cleared but there was some slush on our section right at the bottom. It was easy enough to walk on but in case it froze in the night I scraped one side of the track clear. It's still dark when Peter walks up the hill and I wouldn't want him to slip on the ice.

No comments: