Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 January 2013

Thawing.

Woke up this morning to find most of the snow gone. Last night's heavy rain has cleared the snow from all but the north facing slopes. There were flood warnings out last night and the stream behind the house was quite high and strong flowing. Although it was a struggle getting to work I have enjoyed being in a totally different world, it can get a bit boring when everything is wet and grey even if the fields are green.
The forecast is for lots of rain so while it was still dry in the morning I walked up the hill to collect the micra.  Peter had to go into work today.  He doesn't want to do overtime but because he asked for 2 extra days at the end of the Christmas break, even though they were part of his annual holiday entitlement because it was such short notice he had to agree to do some overtime. He's just returned home and because they got on so well today they don't have to work tomorrow. That's wonderful for Peter but not so good on the people who were relying on the extra money.
When I went up to feed the hens this morning I found the grey hen had died which I wasn't too surprised at. What did surprise me was to see Elwen eating corn. Honestly you would think I never fed those cats.

No comments: