Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sunny.

I woke this morning to a bright, clear day. There was a definite chill in the air when I went out to feed the hens and we have been promised colder weather soon. The ground is still soft so I spent an hour weeding one of the flower beds. Even though I would have happily spent all morning outside, experience has shown that my knee and back can't cope with a lot. 
My afternoon down with the little children was as ever busy but fun. We had our usual lunchtime staff meeting but there wasn't a meeting after school so I was free to drive home in the golden light and be home by 4.00.
I stopped at the same lay-by as yesterday to show the difference that 24 hours can make. Coming home it was clear to see that the sun had hardly reached down into our valley as everything was still covered in the morning's heavy dew.

No comments: