Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 December 2013

11.12.13.

What a cool date to have as your birth date. 
The delivery man turned up at 8.30 this morning but he had come in a bigger lorry so couldn't get down to the house. He stopped by the ponies' field and he carried and I wheelbarrowed the bricks and cement down to the yard. Yesterday's delivery man had tried to use his sat-nav and ended up at a rough cart track half a mile away. It has been quite mild so this morning I replanted some self-sown linaria that were growing in the scree garden path. Washing & drying my hair and making some flapjacks took up the rest of the morning before an afternoon with the little ones at school.
On my way to work the sky was a watery grey with a hint of blue. It was warm enough for the children at school to play outside without their coats on and some were even taking off their jumpers. 
No staff meeting today so I got away from school while it was still light. I was admiring the pretty pink clouds when I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw..... 
 ,,,,,,,, this.
I stopped at Upcott Corner to take some photos before driving up the hill for an even better view. 
Behind me the sky to the east was flushed with pink while looking south-west there was a dramatic sunset partly hidden by a cloud bank. 


No comments: