Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 December 2013

Wet.


It has been raining all day and I haven't had a chance to get outside. Instead I've had a tidying and cleaning day as well as wrapping up the last of the Christmas presents. I had a good sort out of 2 of the spare rooms and now there is a pile of stuff to drop off at a charity shop tomorrow. As tomorrow will be taken up with going down to Exeter for the spinal block I gave our bedroom an extra clean pulling out all the underbed storage boxes, giving the lids a wipe and then checking to see if I could find any more clothes to get rid of. A big bag of loose polo tops is now waiting to go as I can't see myself wearing them any more. I kept one just in case I ever go riding again and yes I still have 3 pairs of jodhpurs (cream for competing, thermal black for winter and dark blue for everyday) as well as boots and 2 hats though I think our dog ate my schooling whip. So I'm all ready to jump on a horse at a moment's notice should the opportunity arrive. Silly that I don't ride living next door to a stables but the cost is horrendous. I think I should make myself a salad to eat tonight as the hospital sent me the usual nil-by-mouth letter and though having had spinal injections 4 times already I'm certain I won't be having a general anesthetic I don't want to take a chance that it might be different this time. (The letter arrived too late on Friday for me to ring the ward and ask.)

No comments: