Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 December 2013

Grey.

At this time of the year there is always that pleasant feeling of anticipation when I come home wondering what the postman has left for us. Today there were a couple of cards from friends and a soft parcel. It took  a few moments before I remembered the gardening gloves I had bought on line. Very welcome they are too as my current job of rubbing moss off the stones in the scree garden has almost destroyed my current gloves. It will be good not to have to scrub away the dirt that ges in through the holes in the fingertips. Next stop for those gloves is the bin.
It is still mild but today there were no pretty skies, just plain old grey which turned into rain on my way home. I spent the afternoon with one of the Year 2 classes. Having finished the work on mud huts I thought we would carry on with a bit more DT. I even have a lesson plan which says that the children are learning to make 3d shapes out of 2d shapes. Translated that meant they were making semicircles into cones and decorating them as angels, Santas, trees or bells to use a Christmas decorations.  (There's an art to writing up planning.) The children enjoyed the afternoon and then after school they had a disco in the hall. Still in their school uniforms but they were excited anyway. I think they will be wearing their own clothes for the class Christmas parties next week. I didn't have to stay for the disco and so was out by 3.45. I was home nice and early and after I had done my exercises I had fun going through some of my boxes of clothes to see which trousers fit me now I have nearly reached my goal weight. Best of all was finding trousers that were far too big. But I shan't be throwing them out because I might need them one day. Maybe that's the wrong attitude but I come from a very poor background and have been taught to be thrifty. I am looking hard for clothes to give to the charity shop and hopefully there'll be a few more items to give away.l 


1 comment:

happyone said...

I think you got your moneys worth out of those work gloves. : )