Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 December 2013

Showery.

It's been a mixture of a little sun, a lot of grey skies and some showers. People who were affected by the tidal surge yesterday have been warned to expect similar tonight. 
Butchers' Row with the Pannier market on the right.
I was up early to wash my hair before a whole day spent in town. My first town jobs were to take some bags of clothes to the charity shop and then go to the main Post Office to send off my Christmas cards and parcels. I did get cross over one parcel. I had carefully used my kitchen scales at home to check that even with the packaging it weighed less than a kilo but the Post Office scales showed it to be 34 gms over. That almost doubled the postage which I didn't mind so much but I could have put more in the parcel for that price. Oh well, maybe Santa will bring me some better kitchen scales. 
I took some photos in the Pannier Market early in the day before it filled up with the usual Friday crowds. Friday is the day the local farmers come and sell their produce. (It also used to be the day for the livestock market but that closed some years ago.
Having emptied my bags of their heavy contents I did some initial browsing before meeting my friend for coffee and a long chat at Lindsey's. Having given up chocolate until Christmas I had a passion fruit and mango cheese cake, so nice.  (It's not chocolate is it?) After that I went and bought advance tickets to see The Hobbit part 2. We're going next Saturday afternoon and we always get the Pullman seats as they are so much more roomy and comfortable. The last time we went to the cinema was to see the Hobbit part 1 last year.
Then it was time for more browsing and shopping and now my Christmas shopping is complete apart from a few items I can get at the supermarket. I've even wrapped everything up and sent off the last few cards.
Somehow I ended up buying a few things for myself. My only excuses are that they are ..... really, really soft and were cheap. I'm wearing the grey top right now and shall try out the pj's tonight.

No comments: