Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 December 2013

Windy.

It has been blowing hard today though the storm that is in the news is in the north and east of the country. Scotland has had winds of 100 mph with 140 mph on some moor. The east of the country has also been affected by high tides and flooding. I have to say I quite enjoy listening to the wind howling through the trees around the house.
In the afternoon most of the class were writing letters to Santa (they were expected to describe what they had done that was good and give reasons for their present requests). One boy said he wanted a surprise because he liked surprises. I worked with 4 children at a time using finger and hand  prints to make their Christmas cards. Out of 30 children in the class 8 were off sick. I hope they recover in time for the play. After school I drove across town to visit a new shop that had opened in what used to be a DIY warehouse. I#d been told it was like Brian Ford's used to be but it was rather a disappointment. It sold food, toys and household stuff but I didn't see much that was cheaper than the supermarkets and the range was limited. No random bargains really. I needed some wrapping paper but theirs wasn't nice so I went to the Lidl's which is on that side of town and got some there as well as a couple of presents. And maybe some nice chocolates fell in my basket too.


2 comments:

Harriet said...

I read in this morning's paper about the winds.....I immediately thought of you. Glad you wrote all is fine. Love the chocolates that "fell" into your basket. I often have the same unexplained item ...

Ruta M. said...

Even nicer when they fall into Peter's basket while he's shopping in Lidl's.