Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Dry.

Another overcast day today.On my way to school this morning there was the merest glimmer of pink in the grey sky. I'm just thankful that the roads were dry and safe to drive on. I think the time is coming up when I shall be constantly worrying about the state of the roads and if I'll be able to get out of our valley. 
My day at school was almost a repeat of yesterday with the other Year 2 class; rehearsal, and number sequences in the morning followed by mud huts in the afternoon. The only difference was that we had less time in the afternoon as the children were having extra singing in the hall. Up till now I've not had to sit with the children when they are singing and can use the time to tidy up but today I stayed in the hall so that the TA's could do individual maths assessments. It was quite pleasant to be singing Christmas carols with the children though I did have to do some 'teacher glaring' when there was too much messing about or not enough singing. After school I popped into town for a bit. There are some spaces not far from the centre of town where you can park for one hour for free and that's usually enough for a quick trip to the library and a couple of shops. As I parked up a traffic warden was writing out a ticket for somebody who wasn't in a parking space but on a double yellow line, serve them right. My drive home was once more in the dark.
Yesterday evening I was in the garden (taking out an offering from Squeaky's litter tray), and navigating by the feel of the ground underfoot and the slight light from the sitting room when I under estimated how far I had walked on to the lawn and put my foot in the one ditch that is filled with water. Quite a remarkable feat as said ditch is about 12" square. Result - one muddy foot and severe loss of dignity plus a few leaves on my dressing gown when I sat down with a bump. I think I'll take a torch with me next time.

No comments: