Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 December 2013

Icy.

It's been a day of frequent showers with the occasional burst of sun. Unlike yesterday the wind has felt icy and there has been a lot of hail. There's nothing like having people coming to visit to get me sorting out the spare rooms. (Most of the time I can ignore the closed doors.) Peter was only too keen to move the sofa bed from his study into another room and once I had built a small platform for the little wardrobe (so that it could be put over the boxed in pipes in that room) I was able to get on with even more tidying up. My car is now full of stuff to take to the recycling centre and the charity shop.  Now I have to work out a way of disposing of a large office desk that sits in one room. It's too big for either of our cars but it's going to take an angle grinder to chop up the metal frame. 
I haven't put up any decorations yet. This is because with only the 2 of us here, like last year I shall only put up a token amount. Our family tradition is to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve and again like last year I'll just cut some conifer branches and put them in a big jug. Christmas cards and the lovely poinsettia already make the place look festive and there will be so much less to put away at the end of the holiday.

No comments: