Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 December 2013

Wet.

The day started by being very gloomy and grey but I simply had to try out my new work gloves. They were nice and warm and I didn't have grubby fingernails after an hour of removing moss from the stones. I left home early so that I could spend an hour in town before an afternoon of teaching. It was raining a little when I got to town but when I was leaving the library it could only be described as monsoon weather. People were getting utterly soaked. I had my jacket but even that got wet through at the shoulders.The library was full of people and school children for some sort of charity fundraising event. There was a table with delicious looking home-made cakes but I resisted not only because of my diet but tonight is the staff Christmas do at the Braunton Hotel which includes a lavish dinner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a fish option because although I love roast beef after so many months of almost no fat I don't want to end up with indigestion. At least I don't have to worry about a gall bladder attack any more. They were horrendous.
This morning's foray into town was successful and all my Christmas presents are now sorted. I got Jack next door a book on dinosaurs. That's usually a good topic for boys of that age. At school I had just started introducing the Christmas decoration activity to the other Year 2 class when  message came round that we all needed to go to the hall for some singing practise. The whole school went through the carols they will be singing at their Christingle Service next week (the one where they hold lit candles stuck in oranges!) It was really sweet to hear them singing. As time was limited and the children are getting tired the decoration activity was optional and for once I let the children use the internet on the class computers. We do use a lot of programs from the web but when they have free rein the children tend to find unsuitable games even through the school filter. I did say that there would be no typing in addresses to get on to YouTube which one boy has worked out how to do.
Now it's time for me to glam up, at least in my limited way, fish out my party sandals with 31/2" heels and spend the evening with my work colleagues. 


No comments: