Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Grey.


 We had gentle rain in the morning which had started to clear by the time I left for work at lunchtime.
I had an enjoyable afternoon with the reception children. My first task was to take 6 of the less able children into the hall for some phonic work. Not such a good idea with easily distracted children when a stage has suddenly appeared, and 2 bales of straw. A couple of those children can only focus for 5 minutes at the best of times. I wasn't concerned about the lack of focus so much rather that one child was in danger of falling off the stage while hanging on to a mike stand. At the end of the day I did some guided reading with a group of children who are just starting to read. That was so much fun to do and showed that one lad was ready to move up to books with words.
After school I stayed behind to help with some scenery for the Christmas play. As I left school I was treated to some tantalising glimpses of a pretty sunset. By the time I had done some shopping it was dark for my journey home.
A few moments ago I found Squeaky sitting on top of Elwen. Usually Squeaky is frightened of Elwen who attacks from around corners and generally bullies her.

No comments: