Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 December 2013

Windy.

Not a drop of rain but gale force winds blew all night long. I lay awake listening to the wind roaring through the trees. The touch lamp on Peter's side of the bed kept turning itself on and one of us would turn it off only to have it light up again. This has happened before, I think it's the damp causing a connection so I've taken the bulb out, blown away any dust and left it by the rayburn for a thorough dry out. I did hear one thump outside but I couldn't see anything out of place in the morning. Perhaps a branch had landed on one of the barn roofs. Next door the duck house had been blown across the lake. We have had some rain today but once again we have missed the worst of the bad weather. Peter went into town today to get the right sand and some vegetables. He said town was heaving with nearly all the car parks full up.
I had a short stroll around the garden during one of the sunny spells. A quick check of the little pond revealed some early frog spawn. Speedy was accompanying me  and decided to indulge in some frog spawn tasting. After that I wouldn't let him back in the house.
And that has been my quiet day. I finally worked out how to use the beat selector on the metronome Peter got me for Christmas, a proper mechanical one not an electronic gizmo,  
I've just looked out of the window and seen 2 deer in the woodland next door. 
The white blob in the middle of the photo is the rump of one of the deer. I couldn't get a better shot before they moved back into the trees..

2 comments:

Jackj said...

We moved it across the pond

Jackj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.