Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 December 2013

Some Sun.

It was raining when Peter went off to row this morning but by the time I was ready for some garden work the sun was out and shining on the tops of the hills. 
 I had a good session working on the path in the scree garden, picking up leaves and getting rid of the moss. I've revised my gardening goals and now I'm optimistically thinking that I might have cleared all the scree garden by Christmas but realistically I'll be happy if I get the path and some of the rest of it done.
There was a lot of quacking coming from the lake. When I looked there were 10 drakes and 1 or possibly 2 ducks. That's not good news. I do have good news, having telephoned the orthopedic consultant's secretary  last week I've now been offered Monday 16th December for my spinal block. That's a quick response to say the least. I'm not working that day and because things have been changed round for the Christmas schedule I'm not working on Tuesday either. Peter will take me to Exeter though from my last experience I could have taken myself home without any problems. If parking in the centre of Exeter wasn't so bad I'd be thinking how to persuade Peter to stop for a little shopping. All of a sudden my timetable on the kitchen whiteboard is filling up, mostly with fun things to do.  

No comments: