Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 December 2013

Wet.

The storm had blown itself out by the morning. I took advantage of the dry morning and spent an hour before breakfast sweeping the front patio and picking off the leaves from the raised bed there. By the time I had finished my toes were somewhat cold as I was only wearing thin socks and rubber gardening clogs. I was going in to school at lunchtime so I thought I would dismantle an old single bed and see if I could fit it in the micra to take it to the recycling centre. I just about managed to fit it in though it was right up by my shoulder. The staff lunch and Secret Santa was fun as usual. We all brought in food this time and I allowed myself to go 'off diet' for the occasion. I was still sensible but did indulge in some scrummy chocolate tart type dessert. Claire brought her 6 month twins along and they sat there beaming at everyone. Albie made everyone smile as he lay back on Sue's lap with his hands tucked behind his head. (He also threw up over Claire's leg!)
By the time I left school it was raining heavily so when I got to the dump I put on my flowery wellies which I keep in the car. As the weather forecast is looking a bit grim for the next week (including the dreaded phrase 'possible snow and ice on high ground') I thought I'd get the final basics from Tescos and Lidl's and walk into town as well. 
I intended to get some special schmultzy herrings for our Christmas Eve meal but when I went to the fishmonger in Butcher's Row it is now a butcher's shop and the other fishmonger only sells fresh herring. 
 The 4 Liars clock and the local museum.
 Walking back over the Old Bridge.
 The rain did clear up for a while but it's raining again now.
 Looking towards the New Bridge.
When I got home I found my neighbours had left this beautiful poinsettia and a card for us. The colour is a deeper red than in the photo and it looks very Christmassy. 

No comments: