Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 December 2013

Very Wet.

I had a good evening yesterday. Not in an exuberant wild dancing way but I had some good conversations and a few laughs too. There wasn't a fish option so I had 2 generous slices of roast beef with peas, carrots, a little cauliflower in cheese sauce and some small new potatoes. They do make a tasty extra strong horseradish sauce which hits you at the back of the nose a few seconds after you have eaten it. I did indulge in some profiteroles for dessert as I remembered that last year the white chocolate cheesecake was disappointing. I didn't get home until 1.00 so I felt a bit tired today.
Fred the builder came round early today, took down the old chimney and rebuilt it with Peter's help. They were able to cut down and use one of my garden chimney pots which saved having to go out and buy a new one.
The new chimney is wrapped up against the weather. At least now we don't have to worry about the old chimney falling off. The rain held off until the afternoon so I was able to do some work in the scree garden. Since then it has been raining heavily. Almost like exactly a year ago when all the roads were flooded on our way home from seeing The Hobbit. We have just returned from seeing The Desolation of Smaug and while it was an enjoyable film it did not have the magic of LOTR due to the deviation from Tolkien's plot lines. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like horseradish. It's good for clearing out your sinuses. : )