Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Gale Force Winds.

A storm blew all last and through into the morning. By this afternoon there was 1.5" of water in my makeshift rain gauge. That's in just 24 hours. As I drove in to work at lunchtime there were lots of leaves and the occasional branch blown down on the road. Things began to clear up in the afternoon with a hint of the heatwave we have been promised though right now it's grey and windy once more. Luckily I was able to take both of my classes outside for their PE lessons. Lots of throwing and catching beanbags and foam balls. 
Peter was due to go out on the water for some cox training this evening but the strong winds blowing straight in from the sea make it too dangerous and they've had to cancel the session.

No comments: