Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Sunny.

All is quiet in the blackbird's nest with no more constant back and forth by the parent birds so I guess the youngsters have left. I took this photo a couple of days ago and they looked ready to go. No doubt after a bit of a break the female will be back in there sitting on eggs.
Earlier this morning I saw this squirrel up in the tree. The sunlight is making him look almost brown. The day started sunny so I did a couple of loads of washing and hung them out on the line. Then just before I left for work ominous grey clouds were gathering. I brought everything in and naturally it stayed dry. I came home fairly quickly after work and hung all the washing back out again and now it is nice and dry. 
This morning I got on with preparing the kitchen door for painting. I'm still at the sanding stage and even though my sander sucks up the dust there is now a fine layer of resin dust over all the kitchen. Perhaps it would have been better to  unscrew the door and work on it outside but I worry that being so old the screws will either not come out or not go back in afterwards. Too late now for regrets.
When I came home from school I decided to enjoy the sun so I sat outside and carried on with my knitting project. 

No comments: