Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 June 2015

Hot.

 It's been a hot, muggy day getting cooler towards the evening.
My first job was to board over the lower half of the old back door. The ground in front of it is a good 6" higher than the old doorstep. Something that saved us from being flooded a few years back when the stream backed up in heavy rain due to my neighbour having built a wall beside the road at the end of his lake.
Step 1 was to board over the door. As I plan to paint over the boards I sanded each one down before I nailed it up. I tried to do a proper job and checked each board with  a spirit level.
Then it was time to mow all the grass once more. I couldn't put it off until tomorrow as the forecast is for a wet day. I had to do my mowing covered from head to toe as the flies, small black ones, were swarming around me. I was glad to go back indoors for ironing and Glastonbury. Once again I proved that it's possible to dance and iron at the same time. Curtains are especially good for this. So I got my music fix and we have freshly washed and ironed curtains up in the kitchen.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We've had a wet rainy day here. I should have mowed the lawn yesterday.
Nice job on the door. It will be nice painted white.