Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Scorching.

Summer is truly here. Not a cloud in the sky all day but with a cooling breeze our valley was not far off paradise. This morning I finally started painting the back door. Putting tape on all the glass panes took as long as slapping on a coat of paint. I also painted the lower half of the kitchen door. 
This afternoon at work didn't feel like work. EntertaininglyDifferent , a theatre group were in for the day running workshops for the children. Today was a circus theme so the dress code was 'colourful'. I wore a pair of splashed look festival style loose trousers and a vest that I had flicked blue, green and yellow dye across. I also went wild with some hair chalks putting in lots of green and blue streaks and then acted most surprised when the children told me I had blue hair. My reception children had a plate spinning session (most of them could do it) which started off by balancing peacock feathers. Then it was down to the Secret Garden for a hula hoop session. That was more challenging especially for me and my TA. Neither of us could hula the kids' hoops but did a bit better with our session leader's bigger hoop. Then everyone went in the hall to show off their skills and more dancing and clapping. There was just 10 mins for a story and it was time to send the children home.
Back home I changed into working clothes and painted another coat of paint on the doors. I also painted the beams in the conservatory. I think they will have to end up black as the wood stains through the paint. I rounded off my evening by ironing the morning's washing while listening to The Who playing at Glastonbury.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow you did have a hot day!!!
Lovely photos as always. : )