Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 September 2015

A Little Cloudier.

There were a lot more clouds in the sky today but it was still pleasantly warm in the sunshine. We had the treat of 2 Archers' omnibuses  to listen to  which made for a restful morning.
I still had some school work to do so planning the Year 1 music for the rest of the half term was my first job. The main planning was already done but I needed to print out the lesson plans and assessment sheets.  That's one more job out of the way.
The rest of the afternoon was spent cutting the second bit of the wild meadow. Usually I try and find a sunny spot to work in but that bit (on the left of the photo above) won't be getting any sun until next year so I just got on with it. It's a very wet corner and I was glad I had my new non-leaking wellies on as I splodged about on the soggy ground. The clump of purple loosestrife on the left needs to be cut back to the ground but the other ones need pulling out so they don't take over.
Even though it's happening in the early hours I'm planning to get up for the lunar eclipse. My camera is  now fitted on to a tripod so hopefully I will get some decent photos.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I, too, will be looking at the eclipse; therefore, Ruta, you and I will share a "real time" moment.