Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 September 2015

New Teeth.

It's not such fun waking up before the sun is up. I'm only grateful that, like the cats I can have a bit of a snooze before deciding to get up. I didn't stay in bed long this morning because I wanted to bake some cakes before going off to the dentist. The lemon cup-cakes came out successfully this time so I know which recipe to use. I have to put in the zest of a whole lemon but only half the juice. I couldn't find my ice cube mould so I used silicone cup-cake cases to freeze portions of lemon juice for use in other dishes. After a long wait at the dentist's I had my lower denture fitted. Only 2 teeth on each side but I didn't like having gaps. There was a bit of a mix up about the top denture because yes, initially I had said I wouldn't bother with one as it's just 2 missing molars right at the back but then I thought about the cost. In the NHS there are 3 levels of payment and dentures are at the highest one. However it's the same to pay if you have just the bottom or top and bottom dentures. If at a later date I wanted the top denture I (or Peter's work insurance ) would have to pay again. So on my next appointment I told the dentist I would have the top denture as well. The dentist had taken impressions of my whole mouth already so I'm to go back next week for the first fitting of the top denture. 
At school I was still 'childless' but I had a productive and enjoyable afternoon planning the Art/RE week for the Reception classes. Art is my thing anyway and as RE coordinator I've suggested the whole school works on creation stories for the arts' week. The Reception children will be doing art based on the Hindu creation story.
It kept looking as if it was going to rain all day but in fact stayed dry.  
 I took these 3 photos at the same time so it wasn't quite as dark as the top 2 show.

As I drove home there were a number of 4wd vehicles around and I guessed that the Wednesday hunt was out cubbing. (The less formal autumn hunts were for chasing and killing young foxes. Oh, they don't chase foxes any more ....... unless a fox just happens to get in the way!) My worst fears were confirmed when I drove into our valley where people were out watching for the hunt and I could hear the huntsman's horn blowing. I made sure the cats were all safe inside before I hid inside away from that horrible sound.
 Out on the hill the riding school horses were watching the hunt too.

No comments: