Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 September 2015

Overcast.

It was still warm today but we had lost the sun. The weather is set to change and already this afternoon we've had a shower of rain. 
I moved some santolina bushes into the new flower beds. I'm not sure if they'll take as they were rather large but they couldn't stay where they were so it was worth taking a chance. Yesterday's bonfire was still smoldering so I used it to burn up any nasty roots I dug up as I carried on with my weeding.
No wood pigeon cooing today instead there was the tap tap of a woodpecker in a nearby tree. Above I could still hear the last 2 swallows and my friend the robin was singing as he waited for me to turn up worms for his dinner. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

The last picture is so pretty with the purples and green.
If you and Peter do read the book, let me know how you liked it. I learned so much about rowing from it and will never look at a crew rowing again the same way.

Mary Siler said...

Looks as though the sky was covered with chemtrails today...
Love all the pictures and hearing about days there in Devon!
Mary