Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Sunny.

So far September is turning out much better than August. It has been bright and sunny all day. It was chilly in the morning but there's nothing like a spot of hoovering to warm you up. Outside I bagged up 2 sacks of giant nettle roots to take to the dump. I'm not confident that putting them on the compost heap will ensure their destruction so I'm taking no chances. I had time to do an hour's weeding as well. 
This year I'll be teaching a reception class on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. I had a child free afternoon because they are not starting until the 10th. Instead I made 'job' cards for some of the equipment. This involved tackling our erratic computers. The first class computer had some sort of lock on the screen which wouldn't allow me to use the Internet or change user. Then next one along had a dodgy connection between the box and the screen so the screen crackled but wouldn't work. I struck lucky with the third computer. It did come up with a black screen full of writing that I recognised from this PC so I pressed F1 and then Enter after the next screen and hey presto it worked. Mind you it was even slower than my PC so must have some serious issues. 
It seemed strange being ready to go home at 3.30 without anything extra to do in class so I went up to the staffroom and put the dishwasher on as there isn't a rota for that yet. Then back home for more gardening. I weeded the propagation plot getting it ready for more cuttings,splits and seedlings once the rain returns. There are a couple of buddlia and a big santolina there which I'll move into the hen run and I'll start off fresh cuttings for next year. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta, and a good start to your school time. I imagine it must be extremely frustrating to have problems with school computer equipment. My neighbor is a teacher, I must remember to ask her about her computer struggles.

Ruta M. said...

For some years we had a standard house brick on top of the server in the staffroom with a sign saying "For use in an emergency". We are about to start doing the registration on the computers so goodness knows what will happen when the system falls down. For each class you have to input a long user name and an 8 character password which includes capitals, symbols and numbers and should be changed every 6 weeks!