Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Overcast.

This morning I got a bit more done on the SIP. At least I know what I'm aiming for now. I haven't looked at the art curriculum yet but I'm sure that once I've done one it won't be so daunting. I was at school before 11.00 again to spend some relaxed time with the reception class. At lunchtime I held a meeting for the new School Council members which mainly consisted of taking their photos then showing them where the School Council display is. Then a very rushed registration of the reception class before getting them to put on their coats, collect their drinks bottles and book bags before sending them home at 1.30. I had volunteered to make some work sheets for the guided reading books in the afternoon but in fact my whole afternoon was taken up with printing off the School Council photos and updating the corridor display. I just had time to work out a sheet for the class teachers to show their children's progression in RE and it was time for the after school staff meeting. That was all about recording and tracking the children's progress in maths and English. Now that we have a new curriculum and new ways to assess and teach there are no clear guidelines as to how the children are assessed. One thing the Ofsted need is a record of the children's progress and evidence to back up your assessments. I am relieved that I'm no longer a class teacher and responsible for all that though I am required to make assessments as I'm teaching.
It had been overcast all day and on my homeward journey once I got up into the hills I drove into fine drizzle. Very different to yesterday.

No comments: