Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Sunny.

One advantage of getting up early was seeing the orange sun rising up through a red and orange streaked sky as I drove to work. I didn't stop to take any photos as I had a lot to get ready in school and I needed to drop the car off at the garage for its MOT first. It was a hectic morning partly due to my over estimation of the children's ability with doubles and halves so that we had to give a lot of support to some children. It's quite a hard concept getting your head around doubles, halves, 2x and twice but we will have some time to go over it tomorrow morning. (Yes, I have to get up early again.)
At lunchtime I went to collect the car which had passed its MOT but then, just as I was about to do some marking one of the children from the morning class had bumped into another child and not only had a nose bleed but had a noticeable bump on his forehead. We don't take any chances in such cases so I had to leave a message for his mum to ring the school. It wasn't a dire emergency or I would have rung some of the other contact numbers and by then the lad was skipping in for his lunch. When his mother rang back it was decided that we would just keep an eye on him and as it turned out he was fine. All this took time and then I realised I had to write in the reading diaries and find some homework for the children who had read to me first thing. I ended up with 5 mins to drink my coffee before going down to spend the afternoon with the reception class. That was mainly a fun afternoon except when one child painted her hand with pva glue and then wiped it down the front of her school uniform. For some reason they don't seem to have brought in any painting aprons but luckily I was able to clean the glue off with a wet cloth because it is nasty stuff when it dries.
Once the children had gone home I spent a happy hour marking 60 books from the morning before driving home.
It has been mainly sunny with quite a lot of high cloud about. The ponies were out enjoying the long grass in their field.
I had a quick photo walk around the garden before coming in to do a bit of preparation for school.


No comments: