Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 September 2015

Sunny.

The day started off warm and sunny, then turned cooler as the  clouds rolled in then suddenly we were back to blue skies and it actually felt hot, too hot at times especially as I  had chosen my Ugg boots over flip-flops for work. Knowing that I have to leave for work at noon makes the morning seem very short especially if as today I don't get up until 8.00. I had enough time to cut back some of the buddlias and do some weeding as well. 
At school I had the Year one classes for music, listening to part of Beethoven's 5th, using their imaginations and then watching the film clip from Fantasia. Before all that one little girl had to tell me about an important event that had happened during the holidays. She was so serious telling us how she found a bumble bee but it was dead so they buried it, marked the spot with a stick and said a little prayer. (That's the short version.)
When I got to school the first thing I did was to check that I could play the DVD on the class lap-top and get it up and running on the big whiteboard. Had a bit of a panic when the amplifier drowned out everything with a horrible buzzing. I hadn't expected that to happen as the teacher had just been issued a new lap-top. It turned out the jack plug was faulty and only works properly when the perspex block with a scorpion in it is shoved underneath it to hold it properly in place. That's just typical of the IT at school.
After school I dropped in to the Co-Op but was home early enough to spend some time scraping up moss from the concrete in the hens' run. I only did the bits that were in the sun, the rest can wait for another day. While I worked a wood pigeon was cooing in the trees and in the background was the more melodic cooing of my neighbour's doves. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

I like how the sun sparkles in the water.

Harriet said...

One of the joys of talking with young children is their innocence and willingness to share rather long and involved stores. I enjoyed your student's Bumble bee funeral. What are the yellow flowers?

Ruta M. said...

They are a variety of crocosmia. They do well in the local acid soil, or lack of soil in my garden and they don't suffer from the slugs so I have 6 or 7 different varieties all in shades of yellow and orange.