Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 September 2015

Stormy.

We are in the middle of the first gale of autumn. It rained a lot in the night then almost died down this morning giving me time to fill a black bag with rubbish found in the hens' run and by mid-morning the rain was lashing down once more. I occupied myself by working on wedding cake design ideas. Looks a little similar to my neck tattoo.
Driving to work the hill road leading to the Lewis' farm was mostly muddy water running down either side and at times right across the road. On the way home this afternoon the main road was closed and a very wet police person was standing outside his/her car next to a Road Flooded sign. Luckily it was where I turn off anyway.
At school there was no chance of letting the children outside. Unfortunately the Year 1 children lost their PE too because something else was going on in the hall. I enjoyed listening to The Pines of Rome by Respighi with the children. One child imagined that it was raining and she was caught up in a twister (Wizard of Oz perhaps?) Other children are still having difficulty letting their minds run free and seem to think I'm playing Guess the film.
After work I dropped in at The Co-Op to get some baking ingredients as I planned to start on the red velvet cake tonight. Unfortunately I was half-way through assembling the ingredients when I discovered I was out of vanilla flavouring. Normally I would have left it out but this will be the official tasting demo cake (we're going to see Vytas and Sally this week-end) so I put it on hold and made chocolate cup-cakes instead. 
When I got home there was a parcel waiting for me, my new bag. Inside the outer packaging it was beautifully wrapped in tissue paper and a personal note. That all made opening the parcel, an eBay purchase such a pleasure.  
And here we have old bag and new bag.  
In the morning I had taken some photos of the leaves and roses I have already made so that I could play around with the design. I started with a simple version and took photos as I added more and more details so that Sally and Vytas can chose which one they want. Above is the most detailed version. I wont have to pipe on all those fiddly details as I've bought a cake decorator's pen. (The roses are darker than in the photo.)

No comments: