Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 September 2015

Warm.

Yes, I did get up at 3.30 to take lots of photos of the 'Blood Moon'. Because it was an eclipse the light levels were lower than usual so the photos were not that sharp even though I had the camera on a tripod. It was a lovely clear night with a sky full of stars. I tried taking some photos of the stars but they just look like a couple of dots on each shot.
Luckily I wasn't working until the afternoon so I didn't have to get up early.
Today has been another gloriously warm and sunny autumn day. I had just enough time to cut back the purple loosestrife that is staying. The other plants are due to be pulled up and possibly replanted in the hen run. 
The Year 2 children are learning about space and guess what? We had some space debris land in our field. (Amazing what you can do with old washing machine parts.) The army turned up in a military vehicle and full NBC suits to  check the debris and remove the dangerous bits. A great inspiration for the children's writing.
After work I went into town to change my library books and do a little shopping. Back home there was the rubbish to take up and that's my day done. 

No comments: