Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Warm Afternoon.

The storm blew itself out sometime in the night leaving the morning chilly and drizzly. While I did schoolwork at the pc I was kept amused by the wildlife I could see in the garden. First a timid group of hen pheasants tip-toed across the grass. As long as they stay in the woods down here they will be safe from those so called sportsmen. Then a squirrel appeared searching for cob nuts. I've been hearing lots of angry squirrel chattering in the trees recently. Perhaps he is defending his territory.
 I also made some more roses to go on my demo cup-cakes. 
At school the Reception children are still only doing mornings so my afternoon was spent turning cereal packets etc inside out for junk modelling. One of the staff had brought in lots of one particular brand of cereal as her son eats about 3 packets of those a week. He's an active boy, does lots of sports with not an ounce of fat so I guess it's not doing him any harm. After work I walked into town to buy some vanilla extract for the red velvet cake. After a dismal morning the sun came out and once again it was blazing hot. 
Right now the second of the 3 layers of red velvet cake is about to come out of the oven. This time it is really red though I did have to use a whole pot of red paste food colouring. In town I went into the Cook Shop to see if they had any silver muffin cases but they only had other colours or silver cup-cake cases. While I was there I picked up a leaflet with details of the cake tins they hire out as my biggest silicone cake 'tin' is not really big enough for the bottom layer of the wedding cake.  

No comments: