Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cloudy.

I was back in school for the morning where we discussed literacy, or should I say English (the terminology keeps changing) planning and assessment. We also had some time to carry on getting the classrooms ready. The children are in tomorrow but I don't start teaching until next week.  And I did remember to bring my roses home.
It had been a sunny morning and my car was like an oven when I got in it. Having opened the windows and sun roof for my drive over to Lidl's, dark clouds appeared and it was somewhat chilly in the car. No such luxuries as electric windows in my car so I had to shiver until I stopped at Lidl's. I did my shopping, went to pay and found ........ no debit car in my purse. It was only then that I realised I had taken it out of my heavy leather purse and put it into a light fabric purse when we went down to the beach on Friday. I was just taking out the shopping when tick, tick, tick my brain finally got into gear and remembered that I had taken my trusty black school bag down to the beach and yes my little purse was still in there. We all had a good laugh and I was able to pack my shopping again. Silly old me. At home I attempted to burn some of the branches I had cut down in the hen run but everything is still too wet and all that happened was an autumnal smell of damp bonfire. I carried on with digging over the soil but this time kneeling down as my bad knee had not responded well to me using the garden fork yesterday. I also managed to dig out a tree stump that I had thought might be a problem but wasn't. Fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow so that I can have a whole happy day of gardening.

No comments: