Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Sunny.

Another early start but not such a dramatic sunrise. I was back in the Year 2 class again in the morning. We had a good maths lesson (thankfully so, as there was a chap in observing one of the children with special needs) before heading off for swimming at the Leisure Centre. This year the children get a full hour in the water as only one class goes each morning where previously they had to fit 2 classes into a morning session. 
In the afternoon I was back with the reception children, this time listening to readers. I did have the headteacher do an unannounced drop-in observation of my phonics lesson. At least I think she was observing me or maybe she was observing the children. 
Our staff meeting has been moved to Thursday this week so once I had spoken to the teacher whose class I'm teaching tomorrow I thought I would drive across town to do some shopping. The other day I'd caught the tail end of a gardening programme which mentioned it was time to plant prepare d hyacinths if you want them to flower for Christmas so I went to BJ's and bought blue, cream and white hyacinth bulbs. Then over to Tesco's for cat food and a few other things and finally home in the evening sun.

No comments: