Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 September 2015

Sunny.


It's been a lovely sunny day. I was determined to be sensible and not do any gardening, at least any that involved bending or sawing.  I did give the concrete in the hens' run another sweep after poking at some of the moss with a hoe. That has to be done carefully because the concrete is crumbling in places and I don't want to damage it further. I also did a bit of hoeing under the apple trees as the apples are beginning to fall and it's easier to see them on the bare earth. Then while Peter was out rowing I had a lovely long break sitting out in the sun surrounded by the cats. I treated myself to a cafetiere of fresh coffee and read a book. (A big fat pheasant is standing on the back lawn.) I did cut all the grass later because it needed doing and the conditions were perfect. The last job of the day was to iron my favourite duvet cover. 
Painted Lady. 
The bees and butterflies have been making the most of the sunny weather. Many of the butterflies have bits missing from their wings where they have had a lucky escape - birds or dragonflies? Lots of dragonflies around but only 2 swallows left.
 Red Admiral.
 Silver Washed Fritillary.
 Peacock.
Speckled Wood.
Peter checked the wiring to the non-working hall light today. There is no current getting through to the switch or the fitting so there may well be a break in the wiring up in one of the 2 old lofts. Guess who'll be having to go up there to check? The hatches are only 11" x 18" and look too small for a person to fit through but I have made it up into those lofts a couple of times.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Thank you for naming the butterflies....lovely little things. Best wishes getting into and out of the hatch.

Harriet said...

Thank you for naming the butterflies....lovely little things. Best wishes getting into and out of the hatch.