Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Warm.

And another lovely day. It was overcast in the morning but then the sun came out and it has been warm all day. In the morning I filled the car up with stuff for the dump; those bags of nettle roots, old wire netting and some rotten wood that I can't see drying out sufficiently to burn. I went to the dump, sorry re-cycling centre, before work so that I can have 2 full days at home to mess about in the garden.
While I was cutting away the last of the wire netting from one of the willow trees I discovered something disturbing. The trunk was a bit wobbly when I lent on it. That's worrying not so much out of sympathy for the tree but because both the washing lines are are attached to the top part of the trunk. That way the washing lines runs tidily along the length of the hen run. If the tree falls over the lines would have to run across the yard between the big willow in the hedge and possibly the purple beech in the other corner. The second willow tree that marked the corner of the wire fence didn't produce any growth after being pollarded last year so I guess that one is  already deceased. Whatever I use at the far end has to be very tall due to the slope of the ground.
I had another easy afternoon at school making signs for one of the reception classes. Afterwards we had a staff meeting and now I'm not only the RE coordinator but the art coordinator as well. So now I have to produce SIPs (school improvement plans) for both those subjects.

No comments: