Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 September 2015

A New Week.

Last week was 'Cake Decorating Week' while this week needs to be 'Paperwork Week'. I didn't mind too much that it was pouring with rain this morning as it encouraged me to get on with work for school that is hanging over my head. I spent the morning completing a set of resources for the other teachers to use when planning their RE/Arts' week. Then it was the dreaded school improvement plans. I've never done one before and now I have 2 to do. I've pulled up some guidelines and looked at similar documents produced by other schools. All I can say is that if I had to do everything on those documents I'd need to be at school 5 days a week working until 9 at night! It's a matter of writing plans that are acceptable to Ofsted but also do-able in 0.3 of a week, sorry half of that as I have 2 subjects to cover.
At school a new supply teacher was teaching the other Year 1 class and it didn't seem sensible to do the usual swap. Instead I gave him my music plans and I taught music and PE to the same class. I've had to come down a bit hard on them as their listening and following instructions skills leave a lot to be desired.
When I got home I picked up all the windfall apples that had been blown down on the weekend. After giving them all a good wash I sorted out those that had any damage, cut out the bad bits and I'm now stewing the good bits with some sultanas and cinnamon. 
Peter has just returned home having gone to the doctor's. It's his ligament (old age) not a cartilage in his knee and he needs to rest it for a week. 
A few more photos from Newbury.
 A beautiful red acer.
 A quiet back road.
 When we passed this church again on our return a wedding party was gathered outside.
A stall in the market selling steam-punk jewellery.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Thank you for answering me Ruta. I googled Newbury and found very interesting information. Lovely photos especially the Acer tree, my it must be pretty old as it looks, at least the leafs did, like Japanese Maple. Lovely church as well. Come November will it host your son's wedding? Best wishes for completing your school paperwork. Here in the states, the teachers that I know are always working on lesson plans etc. and pulling their hair out to get them completed. Hope Peter's knee returns to normal soon. The saying "getting old is only for the strong" is definitely on point.

Ruta M. said...

Unfortunately my son isn't having a church wedding. The wedding ceremony will be at the same place as the reception, a small manor house type hotel in its own grounds. This will be up near Nottingham when Sally's family comes from though her parents have retired and moved to the south coast.

Ruta M. said...

where not when !