Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter Greetings.

Easter greetings to those of you who celebrate Easter.
It seemed like quite a promising day this morning with plenty of blue in the sky and light winds as I walked up to say hello to the ponies. Peter went out for an early morning row, just a half session with the social rowers as he is recovering from his latest bout of arthritis.  Although I'm on a diet I allowed myself some chocolate this morning because it's Easter (I know that's not a good reason and yes I was 'off diet' last weekend too).
I took advantage of the wind to get more washing on the line and later when it was much greyer and colder I did all the ironing while watching a film - It's a wonderful afterlife, a British/Indian comedy.
One of the sparrows that nest by our bedroom window.
Earlier I had been pottering around the scree garden with a blackbird singing away in a nearby tree. I attempted to increase his wide and varied repertoire by teaching him Peter's phone ring tone but he was more interested in a singing match with another blackbird somewhere down the valley. I've spotted 2 pampas grass seedlings in the scree garden which I shall move near to the big pampas grass stand which I fear is on its last legs. 
The latest photo from Vytas in Cusco. Last night's R4 Brain of Britain quiz had the question - Which country is the city of Cusco in? One of the few that I got right.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Thank you and Happy Easter to you too.
All your photos are lovely as usually. : )