Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 April 2017

Grey.

There hasn't been much wind today and for most of the day it has grey and gloomy. As I write I can see a large patch of blue sky and the sun shining on the bright green of new leaves in the woodland next door.
I did very little outside today, just dug up a few dandelions and swept the concrete under the washing lines.
As I watched the little pond I could see some movement under the surface which turned out to be a newt (its head can be seen in the centre of the photo below). It was only as I looked carefully at the photo that I saw the curved body of a second newt below the first newt.
Peter reminded me that I had promised to fix his fossil shark tooth necklace which I think was a ploy to occupy me when I would prefer to be outside. He also expressed a wish for a second necklace using a smaller tooth and the shells from my broken plant pot holder. That kept me busy for the afternoon.
One job I did do was to hang up pictures in our tidy hallway with its freshly plastered and painted walls. Still have to wait another 2 weeks until the carpet is laid.

No comments: