Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday, 18 April 2017


More sun again today along with a cool wind. Peter got up early as the man was coming to service the rayburn. Peter feels bad that he isn't able to do the service himself but I just am grateful for all the years he did do the servicing and saved us such a lot of money.
It feels like I have done a lot of queueing today. I left in plenty of time for my physiotherapy appointment this morning but after crawling along the road behind a tractor pulling a slurry tank the line at the traffic lights/road works was so long it took me 10 minutes to get through the lights and I still had to walk fast to get to my appointment on time. I've made enough progress with my exercises that I've been promoted to the back exercise class. Once a week on Fridays at 8.10 in the morning! That will be a bit of a shock to the system as I'm often still catching up on my sleep at that time.
After my appointment I drove across to the dump to get rid of the hall carpet which was tied up in rolls in the back of my car. They used to have a separate container for carpets but that's gone and I had to queue up with all the cars waiting to unload into the non-recyclables container. Then I did some shopping at Lidl's where you often have to wait in line for a checkout as they don't have many staff. I passed on going to the High Street but drove to Tesco's for the rest of my shopping. Even there I had to wait in line to try on yet one more sports crop top which I then decided wouldn't do. At least I didn't have to queue to check out there as I had scanned my shopping as I went along and all the self service tills were free.
I had also gone to BJ's as they had sent me vouchers for a free gro-bag and a free box of plants. It's a good way to get people into their garden centre but I would have gone there anyway. I decided to buy the plants for my hanging baskets (surfinia petunias and trailing lobelia) while they had the colours I wanted in stock. For the moment they are in the conservatory while there is still a danger of frost.
Once I got home I was quite worn out and spent the rest of the afternoon siting outside with a book and some coffee.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sitting outside with a book sounds lovely. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. : )