Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 April 2017

New Carpet.

Who would have thought that I would be woken this morning by the sound of hail on the conservatory roof and open my eyes to see hail and sleet descending past the window? That brief shower gave way to bright sun for the rest of the morning. Only the bitterly cold north-easterly winds gave any hint to the series of wintry showers we were treated to in the late afternoon.
Those black clouds rumbled with the sounds of a thunderstorm. I didn't see any lightning but that was probably due to the fact that I was in the middle of my exercises. I only stopped to check Peter was unplugging the internet and to take a few photos. 
Fortunately it had been dry earlier when the carpet fitters came. Unlike the last time when there hadn't been enough carpet to do the stairs this time they brought along an enormous piece plus another smaller piece. As well as a few small pieces there is a piece measuring 3.10m x 3.95m left over. More than enough to do another bedroom. I rang the showroom to ask why I hadn't been made aware of this but the manager wasn't there and will ring back tomorrow. As free fitting and underlay were included in the price we might as well have another bedroom done even if it is all a bit beige. 
The hall and Peter's study look so much more civilised now without the fake rock effect on the walls and the grubby red carpet in the study. We still have to take off a small amount from the bottom of Peter's door, the red carpet was the kind with a thin layer of underlay stuck on making it so much thinner than the new carpet and underlay. It's not a 10 minute job and after hovering up all the bits from the new carpets and the stairs (I'm sure the men that did the sitting room cleaned up after themselves) we decided to wait until tomorrow.
Considering the amount of hail we've just had it's hard to believe that I spent most of the afternoon sitting outside with a book.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Carpeting looks wonderful. I'm glad you were able to spend time outside.